in

What does the "balance" look like in the science kit?

Last post 09-04-2009 11:48 PM by redpaths. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-10-2009 8:32 PM

What does the "balance" look like in the science kit?

I'm trying to decide if it's more expensive to buy the kit or pick up the pieces locally. Exactly what does the "balance" look like?

Thanks!

Sharon

"My kids are CAGE FREE. I homeschool."
  • 09-03-2009 9:06 PM In reply to

• redpaths
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-02-2007
    • Venezuela
    • Posts 23

Re: What does the "balance" look like in the science kit?

Hi,

We just got our Grade Three Science Kit which retails at $73.00.

I checked the www.enasco. com site and came up with a price of about $55.00 for the contents. The kit comes in a 31qt rubbermaid box which is about $12.00. So the total is about $67.14.

The differance is about $6 which we would likely spend in gas getting to the stores!

This is the balance that is included in the kit  http://www.enasco.com/product/SB28259M It is plastic and does not look that sturdy especially if being used by boys!

Helen

Mum to DS 08/02
  • 09-04-2009 6:36 PM In reply to

So, you have to use two plastic cups to hold the things to be weighed. What do you use to balance it? I didn't get any weights.

I can't imagine we're supposed to weigh things in M&M's. "The empty water bottle weighs five M&M's. The full water bottle weighs 200 M&M's." LOL!

"My kids are CAGE FREE. I homeschool."
  • 09-04-2009 11:48 PM In reply to

• redpaths
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-02-2007
    • Venezuela
    • Posts 23

Mine came with two small bits of plastic tubing which are to be used to balance it. It dosenĀ“t have any weights as it seems to be only for balancing, not for actual measurement. I put the balance away in the top of a closet. We use my kitchen scales for measurements!

Mum to DS 08/02
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)